Sunday, November 16, 2008

Halloween

Grace and Nicholas got to spend Halloween together this year. We took the kids to our library for a fun Halloween party. That night, the church had a trunk-or-treat to kick off the night of candy frenzy. Everyone then took to the streets of Key West in a big group and had a blast. Nicholas needed help carrying his bag by the end, and since he only really likes the lollipops, Sam and I were obligated to help him get rid of the rest. Summer and Brent, I mean Grace, made a haul, too. That little girl is so cute, people gave her a ton of candy, even though she is only 7 months old and can't eat any of it. Brent and Summer had fun helping her eat what she couldn't.


Nicholas wore his costume to the Library party for 5 full minutes, which is a big deal! Every year Sam and I struggle getting his costume on him, even though Nicholas has picked out what he'll wear. We usually have a small wrestling match 3 minutes before we walk out the door to trick or treat, and the costume is off the second we walk back in the door. (I guess I don't have to complain about being one of those moms whose kid wears the full costume to the grocery store in the middle of June.) This year I thought things would be different because he tried on the whole Thomas costume in the toy store BEFORE we bought it - he beamed and smiled and wanted to buy it immediately. I was a little surprised that he didn't want to wear it all the time, but Nicholas has never been that way. No dress up for him. Sam is glad about that, and I'm glad for E-bay. I'll just put Thomas up for sale next year - Worn Once. Practically Brand New





0 comments: